The 3-Minute Healthy Skin Workout – Activate Your Skin Fitness
How to maintain that healthy, summer glow all year long?
How do you maintain that healthy, summer glow all year round? Here’s the solution: give your skin a workout.
You do cardio and strength training for physical fitness: to improve heart health, to increase metabolism, to improve muscle tone, to de-stress, and the list goes on. But did you know that your skin actually needs the same exercise discipline to stay healthy and fit?
Skin Cardio & Skin Strength Training:
A skin fitness regimen consists of two key components. First, the Skin Cardio Training: full-body exfoliation boosts circulation and detoxifies. Second, the Skin Strength Training: allow a nutrient-rich exfoliating treatment to sit on the skin for a few moments to nourish and strengthen.
The two are akin to cardio and strength workouts that are so crucial for overall health. Regular exfoliation and skin strengthening nourishment reprograms your skin, revealing healthier, stronger, firmer skin over time.
Need we mention that the exhilarating healthy skin feeling afterwards is kind of addicting?
Here, we breakdown the benefits of Skin Cardio and Strength Training:
Skin Cardio Training – Exfoliation
Full-body exfoliation boosts circulation and jumpstarts your skin’s recovery process.
- Why Exfoliate? As we age, our skin renewal process slows, causing a build-up of dead cells on the surface of our skin. Regular exfoliation is key to sloughing away the dead skin and environmental stressors that collect on the surface of the skin.
- The Benefits: The gentle scrubbing action on your skin boosts circulation and stimulates lymph nodes, delivering oxygenated nutrient-rich blood to the surface of the skin. This literally “wakes up” and energizes your skin, helping with detoxification.
The immediate skin cardio results? Glowing energized skin. But there’s more. Read on for even better long-term results…
Skin Strength Training – Nourishment
Skin strengthening starts with the absorption of essential nourishment such as vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals.
- Why Apply Nutrients to Your Skin? Just like our body, skin needs nourishment to thrive. An exfoliating massage opens up your pores, and optimizes your skin’s absorption of vitamins and nutrients. Select skincare products containing vitamins and antioxidants such as Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Vitamin K, to neutralize free radical damage, fight inflammation, and protect skin from environmental pollutants for nourished, stronger skin.
- The Benefits: Regular exfoliation and nourishment stimulate collagen production and maintain skin elasticity. With regular skin exercise, skin is stronger, firmer, and more resilient over time.
Ready, Get Set…Activate Your Skin Fitness!
Fytt’s Guide to the 3-Minute Healthy Skin Workout that will super-charge your skin. Remember, consistency is key!
Step 1: The Warm-Up
First let the shower run for 1-2 minutes to soften your skin and prepare yourself for skin exercising. During this time you may want to cleanse as usual with shower gel or soap. By now, your skin is ready for its workout session.
Step 2: The Workout
- Cardio Training (2-3 minutes) - Next, pause the shower for a moment while you apply a handful of body scrub exfoliant. Start with your feet and slowly work your way up, massaging the formula onto the skin, upwards toward the heart. Apply gentle pressure--overly aggressive scrubbing can irritate skin. Your pores are now open and primed to absorb the nutrients from your scrub treatment.
- Strength Training (1-2 minute) – A high quality product should work double duty to nourish and strengthen with a healthy dose of skin nutrients. Allow at least 1-2 minutes for the treatment to work its magic as your skin absorbs all the skin-loving goodness. Rinse well.
Step 3: Post-Workout Recovery
Pat your skin semi-dry with a towel. Apply a body lotion or oil while your skin is still damp, to allow your skin to better absorb the moisturizer.
You ready to get your glow on? Repeat the skin fitness routine 2-3 times a week for healthier, stronger, supremely soft skin.
The Fytt Perspective
Which scrub treatment should you choose for your healthy skin workout? Look for an environmentally friendly formulation containing natural exfoliants like flaxseeds, sea salt, or coffee grounds, as well as one that is nutrient-rich with antioxidants to nourish and strengthen the skin.
Fytt’s inaugural product Hit Restart is uniquely formulated to provide both Cardio & Strength training for your skin. Massaging the formula onto the skin for 2-3 minutes activates its unique 2-Step Process. The body treatment contains a natural flaxseed exfoliant to detoxify, removing dead skin and environmental toxins. A Superfoods blend of Kale, Spinach, Spirulina, and Cucumber delivers potent antioxidants and phytonutrients to strengthen the skin, while nourishing essential oils soothe and calm inflammation.
Skin immediately feels fresh, baby smooth, and radiant. With consistent and continued use, your body feels and looks firmer and more even-toned. Effective yet gentle organic exfoliants in the formula also improve various skin conditions: say goodbye to cellulite and keratosis pilaris (“chicken skin”)!